Thursday, November 22, 2012

It's a good day to re-start this blog.
It's Thanksgiving.
I'm about to complete my certification to become a foster parent.
We are excited. Next week, I'll meet my new home-finder, a young woman who actually ran the parenting classes I attended last year. She will do (another) initial home visit and we'll go over the few things I need to submit. I think it's just a couple of recommendations, Cub's social security card, and some updated medical forms. I hope I can get the house clean enough on Thursday.

I'm still a little undecided about the age of a potential child. I would love a baby for obvious reasons. But I don't know how that would fit in with our lifestyle and routine. I'm a working mom with little outside support. I don't know how that would work for me if the baby wasn't sleeping. An older child would be nice for Josette and possibly easier. It's hard to say as I can't assume what it will be like. Each child and situation is different. Right now, I'm leaving it in the hands of my higher power. I am keeping my heart and mind open and trusting that the way HP has led me to this place, He will also lead the right child to our home and family.


No comments:

Post a Comment