Wednesday, June 26, 2013

He's Heeeeere!

All 4 pounds, 3 ounces of him!

He is so tiny and so adorable...like an elfin E.T.

We pulled an all-nighter last night and I'm really hoping he gets this "We sleep in the night and play in the day thing straight after a while. I don't do too well on sleep-deprivation. Thankfully, today was the last day of work until September. I made it on one hour sleep!


This little guy already differs from my daughter as an infant in that he does actually sleep during the day for a couple of hour stretches at a time. So, tomorrow...I know I will eventually get a few catnaps in, even if he does not sleep again tonight.

I've also discovered he likes the carseat- very much like J. I guess it's nice and enclosed and comfy.

Girl cub is in love with him already and has been such a big help.

On Friday, we have a meeting with his mom up at the agency. I was told she may ask for my phone number which I'm not at all comfortable with.

It's been very intense, yes. But he is a good baby and as I shared tonight: My heart feels at peace and it is a great feeling.

Is it scary? YES.
Will it be hard work? No doubt about it. But lots of friends have reached out to lend a hand and I may take them up on it, one or two per week. Then there's the babysitter if I need to take him for a day and catch up on sleep, chores, and such.

During the downpour before, as I was running to get the diaper bag that I had left behind in the car...I thought to myself: "...And so it begins."

So glad to have met you Baby Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment