Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A new family member to meet

What a busy, great, healing, therapeutic week it has been for us. I am volunteering at a church camp that my daughter is attending. It feels like one big happy family there and we are really enjoying ourselves. We've sooooo needed this since the baby left as we were both grieving in our own way.

Today, after a delicious lunch and happy chatter, the phone rang and I saw the foster agency was calling. I hesitated to answer. I'm not sure why. I guess I didn't want to be disappointed, if that makes any sense?

It was my homefinder and she said she wanted to know if I would be interested in a placement, a six year old girl. Be still my heart. I can't even tell you how my girl cub began bouncing around the house cleaning her room after I told her. She was so cute asking things like "What time does she have to go to bed, Mom?" And then of course, "I don't want to share my ipod, Mom. Is that okay?

To follow up: I just spoke with my social worker and little girl will be going back to live with her bio mom in September so it is just a temporary placement. But that's still okay with us. I told the social worker about our two planned vacations this month and she is going to get back to me. So, we're waiting for the call to learn more.

I'll be updating regularly. Keep us all in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment