So far, in the less-than-one-week "Sage" has been here...
1. We spent 3 hours in a clinic waiting to be seen by the doctor because the agency
failed to give me the letter stating I was his foster parent.
2. Spent 9 hours in an ER waiting for Sage to be admitted for observation (long story, he's fine now.)
3. I got caught in a major down pour and couldn't figure out how to collapse the Snap and Go
stroller. Oh, yeah...Fun Times.
4. Watched him actually focus on a toy yesterday and attempt to extend toward it.
(He is one smart baby!)
5. Had our first fairly successful Saturday night Target trip.
6. I've only had one mini-meltdown which happened yesterday after a night of only one hour of sleep...not just because Sage wakes every two hours for a feeding (he's a preemie) but because
I drank a massive iced coffee at 4pm with my brother while he was visiting.
7. I've met a lot of nice people. The system is no way perfect, but my social worker is
a pretty amazing young woman and the staff at the agency are all great as well.
8. I am challenged by the amount of work, as it has been almost 9 years since I've cared for a newborn, but my heart is filled to the brim.
9. I know it was Divine Love that guided me here and Divine Love from the Creator
will help and see me through, even the most difficult times.